Google earth

somebody pointed out recently that they've added more high-res pictures.

there's a suspiciously rectangular purple thing parked in a street south of sheffield.

Our bit is till naff, sadly, on GE. we get nice pictures on local.live.com but being mickeysnot it, of course, works differently and is a pain to operate.

wonder if we can persuade the google boys to get the same source of pictures?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

the picture used are a lot older than the ones on GE well the ones of sheffield are

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Been the same one for ages - taken in 2002

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sat, 01 Jul 2006 22:25:51 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

2 different pictures in local.live and GE, though. or I think they are. Local.live is using the getmapping ones.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

I only tried the local.live on my Doze box a week or so ago. It was a pic from around the same time (S3 and trailer in the same place - they were only parked in that config for 5 months), but earier than Google Earth (if that makes sense) as Grumble doesn't have the roof chequerplate on.

Reply to
Mother

The live picture of my house is atleast 5-6 years old as it shows some grass in my garden - which was all well established (full of weeds!) gravel when my parents bought the house about 5 years ago (and is now a hardcore drive)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I heard they had made up to date improvements so took a look at our road and couldn't find either the S111 or 90, then took a look at the main places it's used for and tracked the S111 down to our old allotment and can even see the wife and myself working near it. So the photo predates the 90 which was bought on 17th Dec 2003. BTW that S111 is now somewhere in the very south of Ireland ferrying kids to and from the beach the last I heard.

Reply to
Bob Hobden