Got another one!

Had a great day today - went and bought a second early 110 V8.

This is an 84 Station Wagon which has chassis number 1004, I'm told that this is one of the first four that were shipped out from Solihull as CKD to South Africa and assembled at the old Elsies River plant, before LR SA started building their own.

We've now got a perfect set up for expeditions into Southern Africa. 2 x 110's, one the Station wagon with 5 seats, and one a 2 door hard top with bags of space. Both have the 3.5 V8 with Strombergs and the LT95 box. No nasty electronics to let us down in the middle of the Kalahari.

The only major difference (apart from the number of doors) is the Solihull 110 does not have a galvanised chassis.

Think the wife won't be seeing much of me for a while whilst I get the new arrival all set up for the next outing.

Steve

84 110 V8 Hard top 84 110 V8 Station wagon Durban
Reply to
Maloney

This is an 84 Station Wagon which has chassis number 1004, I'm told that this is one of the first four that were shipped out from Solihull as CKD to South Africa and assembled at the old Elsies River plant, before LR SA started building their own.

We've now got a perfect set up for expeditions into Southern Africa. 2 x

110's, one the Station wagon with 5 seats, and one a 2 door hard top with bags of space. Both have the 3.5 V8 with Strombergs and the LT95 box. No nasty electronics to let us down in the middle of the Kalahari.

The only major difference (apart from the number of doors) is the Solihull

110 does not have a galvanised chassis.

Think the wife won't be seeing much of me for a while whilst I get the new arrival all set up for the next outing.

Steve

84 110 V8 Hard top 84 110 V8 Station wagon Durban

Steve:

What is the chassis? Non-galvanized steel?

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Yep, standard BL steel, now with an extra couple of layers of hammerite and oil