Rear wash non-return valve

Beofre I start ripping things apart, does anyone know where this is located? The manual just says that it is between the hose to the rear wash/wipe and the main hose going forward along the chassis. I can't see whether it is within the rear door frame or behind the trim in the loadspace. It would be a shame to spend half a day finding out if someone on this group knew already.

Er, sorry, Disco 2, 2001MY.

Rear wash works fine, but recently has had a delay of ~5 seconds before water comes out. I am assuming the valve has failed and is allowing water to drain back towards the reservoir.

TIA

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Richard, this may be of no use to you at all, but take a look behind the washer bottle ... that's where it is on the series 1 (IIRC).

Reply to
SteveG

Rich:

Its usually located behind the washer bottle along with the rest of them. Good luck.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

|| Its usually located behind the washer bottle along with the rest of || them. Good luck.

Steve and Jack, many thanks. It is located immediately behind the pump attached to the reservoir in fron the the n/s/f wheel. I waited to fix it until I had the bumper assembly off for some minor repairs, and there it was. The wording in the LR manual is a bit unclear, and I thought it said the valve was somewhere in the region of the rear door. Makes sense to have it as close to the pump as possible, of course, but when did sense have anything to do with it?

Now fixed. Thanks again.

Reply to
Richard Brookman