Grey Market Land Rover Defenders into the USA?

I am considering importing a Grey Market Land Rover Defender 90 into the United States of America. The biggest issue I have with what is available now is that there are no diesel engine options unless you are looking at an H1 Hummer. Re-engining an existing domestic USA model seems to be cost prohibitive even if I use a different donor vehicle.

Does anyone have experience with bringing a Euro-spec Land Rover into the USA? Does Land Rover have a special branch to work with potential customers like myself?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Anonymous

Last time we looked at this, the general consensus was that you'd need to import it as a kit of parts then build and register it as a "backyard special"

They don't even have a branch to work with regular customers ;-)

Reply to
QrizB