H/D Series Half-shafts

Does anybody know of a supplier of heavy duty 10-spline halfshafts for Series Rover axles? I'm sick and tired of snapping the ones on my recovery truck whilst towing. This is the third set in 500 miles.

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Fit a Salisbury axle to it, I take it it's a 109" but it's not much work to fit one to an 88".

Or use 4 WD whilst towing, even on the tarmac, s'what I do, even with a Salaisbury axle.

Martin.

Reply to
Oily

I would fit a salisbury axle, which you can get stronger halfshafts for, but I do not intend to keep using the truck as a towing vehicle once my 6x6 recovery project is completed. I don't want to divert funds from the project to the existing truck, as finances are very tight at the moment.

I should use 4wd, i guess, but it doesn't half produce nasty steering effects on/after corners....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Only sharp corners :-)