Head Gasket, which way up

Hi,

I'm busy fitting new head gaskets to my 3.9 V8, they are the composite ones with ally circles on one side and a more complex pattern of circles and tracks on the other side.

Which side goes against the block ?

I don't want to torque down the heads till I'm sure.

Thanks Greg

Reply to
Greg_False

If you look at the main metal lip seal around the bores (commonly referred to as the fire sealing ring) it will be wider on one face of the gasket than the other. Fit the wider face to the block. Badger.

Reply to
Badger