HELP & ADVICE !!! Rebuilding CLAN 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi

Hi All ;

I really need your help and advice in rebuilding my Def 90. My initial aim is just to get it up and running for now, and necessary repairs and refurbishment as and when required. My early observations (please add yours as well as I surely do miss lots of things !!) are as follows :-

1- Lots of missing parts i.e. alternator, belts, brake caliper, master cylinder, steering rod etc.etc. These I am sourcing right now. 2- Previous driver mentioned that the gear box is not in good conditions. actual problem unknown. 3- Part of chasis and rear members badly corroded and rusty. I plan to dismantle panel by panel, and repair the chasis by addtional welding with stiffener plate etc., probably galvanise it. But how to go about it i.e. dismantling work, i have no idea. I have taken out the bed, but the difficult part is to 'break' all those welded spots. 4- Engine conditions unknown. Probably last on the road was in September 2005.

I have my own facilities of welding and all those tools and resources (grinders, air compressor, water jet, welders, fitters, riggers/ helpers, 50 tonne rig etc. etc.). Time is not a factor, as I will only do this when my resources are free. That's why i want to do it right the 1st time (if there's ever the right way to rebuild LR). For the engine, gear box etc., my freelance mechanic will do it as and when the parts are available.

I am still reading all those related subject in the previous posting.

So guys, please help me and advise me based on your experience no matter how small or BIG it is. I do appreciate all the help.

Please follow the links below for the photos.

I Thank You !!

Cheers

HishamClan

Reply to