Help ?..routing rear speaker wires in Def.110.. 'best' way ???

G'day to anyone who's put rear speakers into a Defender 110 300tdi..... ( it's a '97).. or similar.

What did you find the 'best' way to route speaker cables to the rear ?? I'm going to put a bit of 'sound' into the back corners and (of course) have to route the wires from the front. I've thought of poking a wire within the roof lining, of routing up behind the dash, up the pillars and along the sills, finding a 'line' along the floor, or even going 'outside' ( under the floor within tubing) and coming up with the tail wires......... Hehhehhehh... Just 'thoughts' at the moment.

Now there's certainly some who _have_ already considered this and come up with their 'best' way.... or the way they might do it if doing it 'again' ! :)))

I'd really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this.

Best wishes....

.... frodo ( in Oz).

Reply to
frodo

Twas Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:53:08 +1000 when snipped-for-privacy@wherever.inOz (frodo) put finger to keyboard producing:

up from the dash behind the plastic covers at the sides of the windscreen, and behind the headlining all the way back.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

re...> >.....//.... rear speakers into a Defender 110 300tdi..... (

Thanks for the reply, Mark. Sounds like the best way to go, too!.... I'll take the covers off tomorrow and have a look.... But how did you get behind the headlining ( a length of fencing wire??)...... or did you follow the 'sill' along the edges and then down the back corner trims?

best wishes..

.... frodo..( in Oz)

Reply to
frodo

G'day back at ya. Yep, I've done that in my 110. My speakers are in the trim piece that's over the rear door, above the small rear windows.

Went from the dash up the side of the winscreen under the A pillar trim, to the headlining, over the drivers door and along the channel that runs under the alpine light all the way to the rear. As far as I remember, I had to take a few bits of trim off round the B pillar, to feed the wire through, but wasn't too bad.

Getting from the cubby box up through the dash was a bit of a fiddle though!

Dunno that it's the best way, but I could only spend so long sitting in the back of the 110 staring at the roof for inspiration, before the neighbours started asking questions :-)

Good luck, Gromit

Reply to
Gromit

Twas Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:15:10 +1000 when snipped-for-privacy@wherever.inOz (frodo) put finger to keyboard producing:

I followed the sill tucking up as I went.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:53:08 +1000, snipped-for-privacy@wherever.inOz (frodo) enlightened us thusly:

I put a brace of speakers into either side of the trim panel above the back door. ran the wires along inside the headlining someway, then down the windscreen pillars as someone else said.

dunno if yours is the same but ISTR a separate bit of trim along above the doors, I think I put the wires in that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hey, workers...

Thanks for the replies. Always best to 'see' what others have done. Yep... it's gonna be from the 'dash' centre, up the windscreen pillars, along the sill edges/roof trim to speakers either at tail-light level or above the rear ( small) windows. Even the kangaroos will be jumpin' when this little bit of audio hits the night trail. Hehhehheh.

An aside..... Matter of fact..... there _are_ various whistles and sirens to ( supposedly) move kangas on at night. Dunno if they work but maybe this sound system will do similar. :) ...... on the other hand, it might drag in the ones that dig the Blues ! :))) ........

Catchy's...

.... frodo.

Reply to
frodo