Help! Seat mounting frame needed!

Hi guys.

I'm hoping someone out there can help here...

My M-reg Disco has had a slightly broken driver's seat frame for a while

- that is the fram *under* the seat, not the seat itself. It's a 2-door, and while it gets used to lift the seat a lot, I think this was a common problem according to the dealer. Well, it's finally gone *very* pear- shaped and broken completely, leaving me with a rocking chair for a driver's seat.

Does anyone have a spare, or possibly know of a Scrapyard near to east London which has one? Very desperate for a quick resolution on this one as I'm supposed to be moving back from London to Wales shortly to be back near my beloved Mountain Rescue team.

Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Cheers, Aled.

Reply to
Aled

On or around Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:28:15 -0000, Aled enlightened us thusly:

weld it up, that's what I did. The covering all comes off and also the foam bit and the springs. the back end of the seat frame was what broke on mine.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ah, now see, I think we're getting our wires crossed, as it were. If you unbolt the seat from the frame underneath, it's the frame itself that's broken - beneath the runners, the bit right down at the bottom that bolts onto the car itself. It's now broken in two places, at the back where it was once welded before, and now at the front, where the metal's finally given in and bent badly out of shape.

Gah. East London is sorely lacking in Landrover-friendly scrapyards. Plenty of Japanese stuff. Anyone know of a good scrappy dahn Sarf? East London/South East/Brighton? Anywhere down here really.

Cheers, Aled.

Reply to
Aled

Weld it, cost me £30 to be done by local garage, 1/2hour job 110 CSW 300 Tdi

Reply to
Hirsty's

Weld it, did me mates and its still OK and he ain't little. (I mean he is a heavy person, not someone who is in need of an extension like I'm still getting emails about)

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

Hi guys.

Thanks for the advice. I've got about 6 wrecking yards to call tomorrow,=20 and 2 possible "friendly" welders who'll sort me out.

I also had a price from the dealer for =A3450 + VAT. Which is _absolutely_= =20 _extortionate_!=20

Hopefully I can find a half-wrecked Disco somewhere that I can nick bits=20 off as I could also do with a latch assembly (haven't forgotten you=20 Richard, though my order's going to be delayed as I've had confirmation=20 that I'm to move back to Wales in about 8 weeks).

Next month's break-the-bank-with-a-Landy challenge is to get all the=20 bits I need ready for a pre-trip-service in prep for my 500-mile trip to=20 Kinlochleven in March. Yay for SARDA Scotland[1]! :)

Cheers, Aled.

[1]
Aled