Help needed to deal with Hopeless Brokers Direct car Insurers

Hi,

My Car is Vauxhall Cavallier 1.8 and "J" registeration with a mileage of

150,000 with metallic silver grey colour. Another insurance Company paid my friend on a similar car with "G" reg. £1000.

On 23 November, my vision was blocked by heavy rain and I happen to hit a metal post while negotiating a bend in a car park thinking that there is no such posts.

My car was hit near the driver's door and it was badly damaged. I could not open the door but have to climb or come out of the passenger's seat.

Now, I got my insurance arranged through local Goss and Co Brokers of repute with whom I had been for over 15 years covering my all types of insurance. I reported the accident to my Brokers who advised me to contact directly with Brokers Direct line. I did and they told me of a local Garage who would come out to inspect the car. The assessor from the Garage came and told me that for the value of the car, it is not worth repairing it and they would suggest a complete write off. So, the Garage did and today the Brokers Direct told me that my car was assessed £270 and there is a £120 excess to be taken off as well leaving me a sum of £150.

I feel that my car has been valued at a ridiculous price when I paid:-

  1. About £300 annual premium for the Comprehensive cover

  1. Being a company car, it has company logos written on all the four doors and the back worth around £100.

  2. Recently hardly a year ago I had all the belts changed that included the Timing belt costing me around £125.

  1. I am a Mechanical Engineer retired lecturer and do all the other mechanical repairs such as changing oil, belt tightening, etc

  2. M.O.T. expires in May 2004

  1. Road Tax would expire in May, 04 but I could return the disc for refund. Brokers are not giving any relief for this.

I did speak to my Insurance Brokers Goss and Co, Reading and they do not want to interfere even after the accident, I was not given a car for three days to go around looking for a substitute. It seems that now the Insurance Brokers have become good for nothing commission takers and do not take interest in getting a fair settlement.

Further, I did call my AA people to help me open the door and render me a car for driving around but they refused to do so that I have driven the car to my house and if I had called them in the town, then they might have given me one. I pay all the FULL amount covering everything to AA.

What do you think of the Insurers Brokers Direct and the hopeless Insurance Brokers Goss and Co?

Now, the Brokers Direct have instructed the local Garage to remove my car from my house but I insisted upon settlement before taking my car away. It has petrol worth £30 to £35 in the tank.

I would appreciate your comments. How much do you think my car is as per the Glass's Book?

Could you suggest a good Insurance Company or Brokers please?

Rajinder

Reply to
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Normally, there would be an appeal process to help agree on a fair value. Failing that or along with it, you should phone around to see who appraises vehicles and get two independent appraisals. Calling a lawyer to see if you have recourse always helps.

P.

Reply to
pete selby