how easy is this?

Ok so I want to change the seal between the gear box and transfer box on my wife's series 3. Do I just need the seal or are there going to be other things I need? Are they easy to do without taking the gear box etc. out? Any advice or help will be much appreciated. Cheers Johnty

Reply to
johnty

Why? it only transfers EP90 from one box to the other, just keep an eye on the levels.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

The "why" is that the transfer box over-fills with oil, at the expense of the main box, risking a dry main box and all seals/gaskets on the transfer box blowing due to "over-filling", and then finishing up with a dry trnsfer box too! Many a good geabox has died due to this (and many a nice driveway has become an oil slick......)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd