I need advices!

Good evening, I am the proud owner of a scottish, 48 years old, Serie II, now retired in Brittany Spring blades, exhaust pipe and manifold has to be changed one year ago... Only one thing went wrong: "axles" linking the blades to the body has to be cut off to remove them easely as they were severely rusted: the pb is they are not from the "standard" size. (a bit thinner in fact). Do you know what are their exact size and thread? Can we reach a provider in for such items in UK?

Thanks a lot

Bonne soirée à toutes et tous! Yves

Reply to
ylc

If they are the earlier ones with the coarser thread and with the thread thinner than the bolt shank, I've got some new old stock or I can give you the part numbers if you can obtain them locally. If not I can post to France.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Yves

If you send me an e-mail I will send you the pages from the Parts Book. This will help you discuss which bits you need with Martin.

Reply to
Dougal

Thanks a lot for Oily and Dougal for your proposal.

My mail is yves dot le-corfec at wanadoo.fr If we can get in touch and If you can give me the measures I will then contact the garage mechanic and he will quickly confirm me that it should work. I guess the cut pieces were discarded, it was then not seen as a potential problema but now we must "guess" what the size is... And the 4 last times the bolts imported from UK by Belgium to Britanny were not adequate! Thanks a lot for your help!

Reply to
ylc

I don't know if I've missed something here but, are we talking about the spring anchor or shackle pins?. If so, Series 2 up to vehicle suffix A are

1/2" BSF and from suffix B onwards they are 9/16" UNF. I have both types. Martin.

it was then not seen as a potential

Reply to
Oily

Good evening Oily, Sorry I didn't reach my mail for the last 3 days!

I guess I am looking for the 1/2 inch BSF type! What would is the price for the 8 parts?

(There will be a bottle a Laurent Perrier Champagne to enjoy with friends and family if I can drive my car this summer!) Thanks a lot!

Yves

Reply to
ylc

Bon SoirYves, I'm still not sure of the parts you need. Can I scan a picture from the parts book to your e-mail address then you reply with the numbers you want?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I have the scan! I will check everything tomorrow, confirm it with the garage and will be back tomorrow evening! Thanks again, Yves

"Oily" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Reply to
ylc