I would never have believed it - but Richard and Andy were spot on

Thanks To Everybody for all Replies to previous post on steering problems:

If it is none of the above then the following may have happened - the >uj in the hub can break up, allowing one or more of the cups to fall >into the bottom of the housing where it gets caught between the swivel >and housing, thus restricting lock to the side which has failed. I've >had this happen at a trial and the confusing bit was that there was >no external evidence of it other than the lack of lock - no sound, >no vibration, and, as the uj "still works" without the cups, no lack >of drive! >Hope this helps > >Richard

exact same happened to me, the uj finally gave up the ghost and disintegrated in the swivel locking the front drivers side wheel solid.

andy

How right you guys were! - 1 very broken halfshaft UJ with disintegrated yokes etc! but no loss of drive as mentioned above

Thanks Again

Roger

Reply to
Rog