'93 4Runner, making noise like power steering pump out.

Hello,

I have a '93 4x4 SR5 with the 3L V6 and manual tranny. It's started making a noise that sounds exactly like a failing power streeing pump. It's been getting louder over the past 1,000 miles. So I picked one up at the dealer and replaced it last week. No change in the noise. I pulled the belt off the alt and ran it to see if it was the bearings. Same noise. It's comming from the engine. Could it be a timing belt pully? I had the belt replaced 2k miles ago when the dealer ran a $199 deal in the paper. But the dealer is really stupid and would not see a problem if I drove it in with 3 flat tires and the bumper dragging on the ground. Short history of truck.

Miles

0..........Bought new 90k........Had recall 140k?......Tranny rebuilt (forgot exact miles) 240k.......Topend rebuilt (New valves, etc..) 260k.......Truck totaled when Chevy ran stop sign. Smashed my frontend in at 55mph. I rebuilt truck. 276k.......That noise started.

That is the big stuff. Minor things have been fixed, but nothing that has left me stuck one the side of the road. It drinks some oil, but it passed CA smog last week with flying colors!!

Thank you Eddie

Reply to
Eddie