Injector Washer II

Many thanks for the suggestions on removing the washer, I managed to remove it in the end with a sharpened nail head and lots of WD40! So now the injectors are in and the rebuild seems to be completed, however after a couple of miles on the test run I got a loud clack-clack-clack noise, lots of white smoke, which went away after I dropped the power. I managed to get it back home ok, does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong this time? A friend suggested readjusting the tappets or bleeding the fuel system, do these ring a bell?

Thanks in advance

Smudge

Reply to
Smudge

Stuck pintle in an injector. Take them back from whence they arrived and get replacements under warranty (if you can - they may plead lack of care fitting them has allowed crud inside the fuel connection).

Reply to
EMB