Ping beamends

Hi Richard

I need to replace my heater matrix; according to the parts manual the part number is STC770; your website and a few others says that its been superceded by STC250, so I bought STC250 from my local supplier.

After a right game getting it into the heater assembly I put the whole unit in the Rangie, but the pipes from the heater don't match up with the holes in the bulkhead; they need to be about another 1.5cm apart for it to go through.

What's the difference between STC770 and STC250? One parts website I've seen ships them both (at different prices) and others say use STC250.. are they different or do i have one thats been made by a drunk??

__ Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

The supercession from STC770 is a Land Rover one, I can't speak for others but Britpart have followed suit.

STC770 was from JA019137 to MA081991 on Discovery I's, the previous part is RTC6593 which goes up to JA019126 (i.e. very early ones), and that's still a valid number (Land Rover only though).

Is it an early one?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd