Insurance

Does anyone know of a company who'll do classic insurance with a no-claims discount?, I transferred a policy to my SIII when I bought it but it's due for renewal and I'm obviously looking for a classic policy, but people are telling me that I'll loose my 8 years no claims. Greg

Reply to
Greg

Ive got a policy from hi-way, via Sureterm.

- (Doesnt like firefox) It was only a couple of hundred, fully comp.

The policy does not need any no claims bonus (I lost all mine when i wrote it off), but it does not earn throughout the policy length.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Take that back - Its only their front page that does not.

Mark Solesbury

Thanks Mark, but my present broker is already =A3225 fully comp and I was hoping/lead to believe I would get it for half that on a classic policy, just don't want to loose 8 years NCD which I might want to use on something more valuable in the future.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

I think NCD lasts 2 years in which case get a proof of NCD and keep doing the NCD shuffle now and then.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On a slightly different note. I had a renewal come threough some time after an accident and it had increased considerably. However, I also paid for 'Protected' NCD. So I gave them a call and asked why it had increased so much. Her reply was something like.... 'Oh, your Protected NCD is fine, you still have full discount, but we load your policy anyway' This was a bit of a surprise. I was understanding that after an accident you lost a percentage of your discount. Life is just one big lesson. So I still had a full PNCD but, my percentage discount was of a much greater amount. I did not renew.

Jase

Reply to
Jase

-------

Standard insurance company practice (aka underhand dealing).

Your base premium is calculated on a number of factors (age, postcode, accident history etc.) and then once all this comes up with a price the NCD is applied. Your "risk" changed therefore the price went up.

Bear in mind not all insurers are the same. They may be dearer but IMHO the NFU can't be beat. I had a 110 stolen, they paid out 11.5k ukp (which is what I paid for it 2 years earlier) and when I went to insure the same model, but this time valued at 18k, the premium went down because my age had gone over a threshold into a lower risk group.

Any claims I have made have been 100% hassle free.

cnews

Protected NCD is a very, very dubious thing, I do have it because it costs me peanuts but if you apply the old rule that you "don't get owt for nowt" you realise the value of it!. They always have complex rules about how protected it is, or rather isn't, and no rules about how much they can increase the basic premium as a result of a claim. Greg

Reply to
Greg

I agreed with you on the NFU, very good and good price...... until I had a busted rear windscreen. I had a stone kicked up by an oncoming vehicle which passed through my open driver door window, between my ear and the B pillar, and then out through the rear window. (Not landrover) Phoned NFU, told them the story, they sent out windscreen company. Geezer turned up with windscreen, looks at my insurance certificate and tells me 'You're not covered'. 'Why wasn't I told that when I called the NFU?' I asked. 'Dunno! It'll cost you =A3170. WHAT! Hold on a minute why would I want him here if I'm not covered? Surely I would cost up a number of suppliers if I am doing out of my own pocket? I suggeated he 'departed' at which point he rang around and got the price down a bit. About =A3100 less IIRC. But he did that via his company and nothing to do with NFU. If I were to cut my self, I wouldn't call my Personnal Accident Cover company to get a doctors appointment! If my house cought fire, I wouldn't call the insurance company to recommend a fire service!=20

Jase.

Reply to
Jase