Insurance renewal question...

I was just thinking about this situation with my renewal just around the corner...

I'm insured at the moment with a company - who's insurance I got from their website, which offers a 5% discount for buying on-line, and there is probably a new business discount in there somewhere too. I've checked on the site to get a rough idea what my renewal should be (or what a new policy would cost me if I were to take a whole new policy out with them).

If they send me my renewal, and it's more expensive than this on-line price, is it possible to cancel the renewal with them, and then buy a new policy from their site? They'd be sure to notice something when it comes to sending themselves my NCB proof, but can they actually stop you from doing this? Has anyone ever tried?

Reply to
Andy

I'd simply ring them and say you got a price from their website thats cheaper than the renewal so you'll have cover at that price thank you very much, if they don't do it then use the online quote to get insurance elsewhere for same or similar price, meanwhile report them to watchdog etc who will have a field day over that one...

Reply to
Mark Craft

When you get your renal ring them and tell them you got a quote from a website (but don't let on it's there's) and they may be able to beat it rather than just match it.

Reply to
Depresion