Is this group moderated?

But what abour the original question posed by "whitelee"....

Is this group moderated?

And yes, NTL are a pain in the neck, but on the whole I really don't think they are a great deal worse than most others. That's computers for you.

Les

Reply to
Dadio

Same here but even cancelling the direct debits caused a string of bad debtor letters.

I found it useful to post my experience in their own newsgroups. I called them again and advised them fully of my actions (I would have to - they wouldn't be able to read posts on their own servers! Partially because the news servers were s**te and partly because they hadn't a clue what a newsgroup was) I then found that people became extremely helpful knowing my conversations would be recorded, placed on the web and a full write-up with there name included updated on the thread in the group...amazing turn around in customer experience and I got a refund of broadband subscriptions for the six months I'd had problems. Utterly amazing change in approach.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No, the vast bulk of Usenet is "policed" by the Internet providers and the Acceptable use Policies (AUP), which indicate that you can be kicked out of your ISP, if you violate the charter of a Usenet group.

The denizens of each NG will take it upon themselves to report violations of the AUP and charted to the ISP, for them to take action.

Hence as I have said before, we are ALL moderators !!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

And the reality is that the majority of ISPs will simply DEL any AUP notifications regarding usenet 'abuse' unless it is libelous or contains illegal binaries. I can't ever recall someone being TOS'd due to breaking a charter - sadly.

Reply to
Mother

Ain't that the truth.

Steve