leaking gearbox sump

Hi all, Just found a weeping hole in the sump of my auto gearbox, looks like corrosion, leaking fairly fast, but luckily high up, so don't think it's loosing much oil.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? or anyone have one lying around... ('96 discovery 300tdi)

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Solely as a temporary measure:

This can work very well and last far longer than it should. My only reservation would be that there's a very small risk of contaminating the transmission oil if the hole is more than a pin hole. Badger's probably come across this stuff in his previous life and may be able to advise.

Reply to
Dougal

Thanks Dougal, good idea. I found a new one is "only" about =A360 so I'm ordering one asap. Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.