Land Rover 90 removeable towbar UK

Hi all

I've got a 90 which normally just has a NATO hitch on the rear crossmember.

I'm going to need to do some regular trailer towing more often and want an easily removeable towbar. I can recall seeing something in a UK magazine about 10 years ago where a guy used an agricultural trailer hitch to mount the towing ball. The eye went over the NATO hitch and hung vertically and he had two stabiliser bars that fitted with bolts to the normal chassis mounting points for the towbar - I've never seen anything like it commercially but if anyones come across something like it then could they let me have details. Alternatively I remember seeing a towbar which swung up under the rear bumper on a Range Rover a few years back - it could drop down and had face plate for the ball or this swung away when it was lifted. The owner seemed to think they did one for Land Rovers as well but at the time I didn't need it. Again any info would be uselful. I've had a look in the mags and couldn't see anything.

Thanx all

Jay

Reply to
Jay Hendry

Any good? HTH Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

crossmember.

magazine

vertically and

chassis

could drop

All tow hitches must be plated, approved and certified if manufactured since early '98. DIY hitches will not do any more. Unless someone knows different?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Huw (hedydd[nospam]@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nearly, but not quite.

All tow hitches must be EU approved if being fitted to a car first registered post 1/8/98, but many Landies would get round that due to a bunch of loopholes - see

Adrian

Huw (hedydd[nospam]@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nearly, but not quite.

All tow hitches must be EU approved if being fitted to a car first registered post 1/8/98, but many Landies would get round that due to a bunch of loopholes - see

Adrian

crossmember.

I have just fitted one to My 90 and am Very happy, I had a Southdown fitted to My Disco a while ago and was very happy with that as well.

I can recomend Dave @ Sothdown, A Nice guy to do business with.

Lyndon C

Reply to
Lyndon C