Towbar electrics 900s

where are the pre wired conectors located for towbar . i dont want to strip the trim out of the boot and find they are under the dash as in another car i had .

Reply to
rodbrown

I don't know if or when standard trailer connector wiring was introduced. My

1983 900S has a tow fixture (no ball though - it's strange and I'll need to take a pic to show what I mean), and wiring, but it looks like an after-feature, though the wiring and quick-connect joiners where the wiring joins into the rear light clusters just before the left-side cluster connector appears to be original. If not it would have been done soon after the car was originally purchased.

The mess of wires is a bit of a jumble but since the tow fixture (Australia-made!) doesn't have a tow ball and no way to mount one without an extra structural piece, I've never worried too much. I don't have anything to tow either. 8-) Well not yet, but I want to get a general purpose box trailer so once that happens I'll have to sort out the towing fixture properly.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's C900 Site

As promised, the pic has been taken and is online in the gallery at:

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's C900 Site