Land Rover Discovery IIse

We have an opportunity to buy a 2002 LandRover Discovery IISE with

31,599 miles at a credit union sale for $18,999, or about $3000 under NADA bluebook. Does this sound like a good deal to people on the list? We have never owned a Land Rover before, two questions:

1) how much leg room in front passenger seat

2) are parts extremely expensive? I came across a webpage

with a variety of good ideas about how to save money on parts, mostly by substituting Buick & other parts where possible. Is this common practice?

Any feedback much appreciated, sale starts Friday.

Reply to
wfz