New Land rover parts Auction site Cheaper than ebay

Are you getting fed up of paying high fees on ebay to sell your Land Rover parts?

Why not join in the only dedicated Land rover Parts auction site Landybitz.com

We offer Free membership with =A35.00 sign up credit

Free listings up to =A35000

one pound =A31.00 final fee for all sales up to =A31000

Members stores

Pay pal and secure payment gateways

users forum

Land rover specific category structure

Bulk upload system

Lower fees Guaranteed

register today here

and help thefight against ebay and its stupid high fees.

Reply to
landybitz.com land rover parts auction site

Good luck

Reply to
OM SHIVA!108

Looks like a good idea. Its going to be hard to compete with ebay though. I think their monopoly is here to stay.

Reply to
madhatchetman

Thank for you comments and support

I know that we will never beat ebay thats not our goal,We are just offering Land rover owners and enthusiasts an alternative platform to buy and sell their items without paying the earth for the privilege.

We have secured John craddocks a major ebay power seller for land rover parts they now have a store open on Landybitz. and others will be coming soon.

Our site was created and run by land rover people for Land rover people all we need is support from you and we will do the rest.

its a land rover thing ......

"landybitz.com land rover parts auction site" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... Are you getting fed up of paying high fees on ebay to sell your Land Rover parts?

Why not join in the only dedicated Land rover Parts auction site Landybitz.com

We offer Free membership with £5.00 sign up credit

Free listings up to £5000

one pound £1.00 final fee for all sales up to £1000

Members stores

Pay pal and secure payment gateways

users forum

Land rover specific category structure

Bulk upload system

Lower fees Guaranteed

register today here

and help thefight against ebay and its stupid high fees. Fair enough btw there aren't that many ss's in accessories I'll put Kato in next week just musing whether to put another 12 months MOT on before I do. Derek Disco 200 TDi Kato Disco 300Tdi Miles

Reply to
Derek

any plans for a "wanted" section?

Jock

Reply to
lustforrust

"landybitz.com land rover parts auction site" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... Are you getting fed up of paying high fees on ebay to sell your Land Rover parts?

Why not join in the only dedicated Land rover Parts auction site Landybitz.com

We offer Free membership with £5.00 sign up credit

Free listings up to £5000

one pound £1.00 final fee for all sales up to £1000

Members stores

Pay pal and secure payment gateways

users forum

Land rover specific category structure

Bulk upload system

Lower fees Guaranteed

register today here

and help thefight against ebay and its stupid high fees.

Great idea, I've just registered

Reply to
Andy

in

om...

Why Not down load the Landybitz community toolbar???

It has live rss feeds of all parts listed on the site and much more!!

plus Direct links to your account and site links/messaging

download it free here

automatic browser detection installs in seconds

never miss an auction for your land rover parts again

Reply to
landybitz.com land rover parts auction site

This is getting very close to spam, on-topic or not.

Reply to
Rich B

I have to say, I've never missed out on much for a Land Rover on ebay. I bid £60 on an auto gearbox and missed it by £90. Next day I bid £90 on one, and missed that one by £60. Next day I bid on one and put £130 in as my bid - won it for £4.99.

I wish the chap with the Landy auction site the best of luck, but I'm not a fan of spam, and he does seem to be going a bit over the top, so any more ads in 'ere and he'll be in the k/f.

Reply to
Pete M

Hi Pete

Valid point, But it seems these days the line between being classed as spam and trying to promote a business may be of interest of like minded individuals is getting narrower.

I did not intend these posts to be classed as spam not like (china crap shoes or handbags) as seen in topic list! but to be informative and to make aware of our new site and services. its had to compete in a market with out some sort of promotion either paid or by word of mouth

After all we are all land rover fans here and thought you may of approved but it seems not.

as your group is now aware of our site we will keep posts to a minimum so not to spam your group

regards

Martin landybitz.com

Reply to
landybitz.com land rover parts auction site

When I first saw your URL it occurred to me that this could be a Good Thing for buyers and conversely a Bad Thing for sellers, since there would in theory be fewer people bidding on a given item thus leading to the likelihood of it selling for a lower price. Then it occurred to me that it would be likely to be a Bad Thing for honest buyers and conversely a Good Thing for dishonest sellers because while Ebays protection for buyers who dont get their goods is poor, its definitely better than nothing which is what you appear to get here. I think I'd stick with Ebay then ;o)

Reply to
nully

Buyer protection

As most items on our website are paid for using pay pal payment gateway is done off site via pay pal secure server and are covered by Pay pals own buyer protection scheme.

all members details are held and must be email verified and now pay pal/ credit card verified to confirm their identity before the can list an item for sale.

as with any auction the contract is between the the vendor and the bidder/purchaser and we would assist in any dispute by providing any information to help resolve the matter. in accordance with the data protection act.

Re:- there would in theory be fewer people bidding on a given item thus leading to the likelihood of it selling for a lower price.

this can happen on ebay its called the luck of the draw and is the same with any auction ,thats why we post in these groups and various forums to help promote our website

However as a new site with an increasing membership you would be just a likely to sell your item on landybitz as anywhere else, but the main difference is that it wont cost you as much to do it..

At the end of the day if you are happy paying through the nose for the opportunity of trying to sell on ebay thats your choice,but most of our members agree that you should be able to sell an item without paying most of the money you get for the sale back to the auction site.

thats the concept of landybitz.com lower fees and a land rover auction site run by land rover people for land rover people

Reply to
landybitz.com land rover parts auction site

Given the association between Ebay and PP I'd venture that PP would give their maximum assistance to their 'own' customers. Since that protection is often thought to be useless, it stands to reason that the version they offer to customers through you would be worse than useless.

I've no idea who you guys are and for all I know you're lovely people, but I think its fair to point out that ebay 'used' to say just the same thing. And then they got a customer base. And then they bent their customers over and slipped them one. Genuine altruism is rare, even within the LR community :o)

Reply to
nully

Most people selling anything here, even just private individuals, have had the courtesy to post a request to the group first asking if this is OK. We all chime in and say go ahead. Just jumping in with a post advertising your website was poor etiquette and you can't blame people for assuming you are something of a spammer and kfing you. Yes, your post is on-topic, but you risk alienating your potential customers by your approach. I've got you down as a spammer now, whatever you do.

And please learn to use a sig-sep.

Reply to
Rich B

we have one here