Landrover monthly or world??

i assume some of you purchase either the landrover monthly or landrover world magazine? i have so far bought one of each and have found landrover monthly to be a much better buy with longer articles and more information that is not already known by most rover-fans.

what is the opinion of you all?

Reply to
samuel mcgregor

Samuel Hi,

I am a subscriber to all four of them and keep a full and proper archive of them since their respective first issues.

If I were to stop my subscriptions and keep paying my money for just one of them I would go for the Land Rover Enthusiast. In fact I like this magazine and the people that work for it so much that I am their correspondent for Greece (no pay, no free subscription, no benefits)

This magazine is run by the people who have originaly setup and published the first magazine exlcusively dedicated to Land Rover vehicles, LROI and after the magazine's title has been bought by a large publishing company have decided to setup their own which is LRE. I find that this is currently the one that has enthusiasts running and publishing it.

Please do not get me wrong. There are several other people who absolutely love and cherish Landies, as we do, working for the other three UK published LR magazines (LROI, LRW and LRM) but my personal choice goes to LRE.

Take care and hope this helps. Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:53:11 +1000, "samuel mcgregor" enlightened us thusly:

subscribe to LRO, mainly 'cos originally I got a free head torch (and this year, they're offering a fleece as a carrot to get me to re-sub) although I find it a good enough mag.

LRE is reckoned to be the enthusiasts mag, and is run by people who jumped ship when LRO was bought out by emap, IIRC. Good mag, LRE, although I don;t get it regularly. Has well-written articles though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Oh you've hit my weak spot there!

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:58:27 +0100, Mother < "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net> enlightened us thusly:

too many greek sweets'll make you fat, mind...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

See you there then.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

I do not know what happens in the UK but here in Greece a very big percentage of the true LR owners (those with Defender, Disco and RaRos who take them off road) tend to be on the heavy side.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

You'll get fat!

Reply to
Nikki

Not good for your teeth either, unless you have false ones fitted!

Reply to
Nikki

I too get all of them, however I reckon that LRM is by far the 'on the

I agree with you there. I took LRO from day 1 but pulled the plug after EMAP got their grubby paws on it and only buy a copy once in a blue moon now. I don't rate the housekeeping and general managerial style of their online forum too highly either. I get a copy of LRE each month .......a benefit of being a mod on the LRE forum :-)

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Austin> subscribe to LRO, mainly 'cos originally I got a free head Austin> torch (and this year, they're offering a fleece as a Austin> carrot to get me to re-sub) although I find it a good Austin> enough mag.

Austin> LRE is reckoned to be the enthusiasts mag, and is run by Austin> people who jumped ship when LRO was bought out by emap, Austin> IIRC. Good mag, LRE, although I don;t get it regularly. Austin> Has well-written articles though.

I subscribe to both of these. Of particular interest to me is the fact that LRE has now added a P38A to their fleet of vehicles and seems to be including more P38A content.

I bought a copy of LRM again recently and was fairly disappointed by the content.

--

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Andy Cunningham aka AndyC the WB | andy -at- cunningham.me.uk | +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |
- Everything you wanted to know || about the P38A Range Rover but were afraid to ask. |+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+"The world has gone crazy: The best rapper is a white guy, the bestgolfer is a black guy, France is accusing the US of arrogance, andGermany doesn't want to go to war." -- Anon

It's to keep the weight on the axles, y'see... :-)

Tried to find your sweets, erm, sorry... Tried to find you (and your sweets) a couple of times and failed sadly. Hope you had a good show, the CT bods appeared to have had a very good time!

Reply to
Mother

Not at all - some are rather fanatical which can be good and bad, really :-)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:42:29 +0100, Mother < "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net> enlightened us thusly:

including the bloke who restored a 101, shown in one of the mags a few years back - he'd made a deliberate effort to make sure that all visible bolt-heads on the vehicle were oriented the same...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:06:15 +0100, Austin Shackles made me spill my meths by writing:

Didn't someone do a similar thing but to avoid confusion aligned the flats different, all the same, but different.

Makes you want to take a spanner to them and tweak one or two ever so slightly, a bit like unfolding all the towels on the shelves at the Ponden Mill shop.

Reply to
Wayne Davies