Testing roof tents.

Having finally got round to bolting the roof tent I bought at Billling to the roof rack, I needed a way to test it to check that those pinholes really were going to close up, so that I could sort out any problems at Billing with the people I bought it from.

I was absolutely amazed when my wife, who had previously refused to have anything to do with idea of sleeping on the roof, volunteered to get in while I laid on the tropical downpour with the garden hose.

The verdict was that the pinholes didn't close up and she was getting wet, so I repeated the process, but the pinholes are still there. I've also noticed signs of some sort of wood boring insect damage in one of the side members which appears to have been there before the floor was varnished.

Time to have a word at Billing!

Reply to
John Stokes

Sounds like they may have a liking for tent canvas too.

Reply to
Nikki

I'm always very careful where I keep my flies, especially after having one removed from my ear while directing the surgeon by sound. I did once have two ferrets escape while I was driving and it wasn't easy trying to brake without flattening one of them! My rods tend to live on the plastic bits which support the roof lining and my rifle is never left in the car.

Nikki really ought to write a column entitled Confessions of a Land Rovering Wife, or something similar, she has an answer for every post. I'm really worried about the wood boring insects, I pass a lot of idiots on the way to work and their skulls must represent a large forest.

Reply to
John Stokes

Bruce has never really been into fishing, but we have a friend who won several fairly important fishing events when he was younger and has introduced Isaac aged 5 to it. Even had Bruce out with him a few times, but its not really his cup of tea. He'd rather shoot something.

trying to brake without flattening one of them! Bruce quite fancies getting some ferrets. Has done for a while.

rifle is never left in the car. It would be a bit difficult to explain the loss to the police and expect to be able to keep your gun license. Bruce keeps all his guns in the gun safe, even his air rifles.

I wouldn't say every one. I must miss a few!

the way to work and their skulls must represent a large forest. Dense dead wood? Any evidence of any recent activity?

Reply to
Nikki