LandRover Reliability

Considering the present range only;

What is considered to be the most reliable LandRover?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Well...from personal experience, the new RR is pretty spot on. No mechanical issues with mine at all after 30,000 miles. One niggle with the venture cam (but hey - it's a toy!).

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Sorry I thought it was an oxymoron at first

David

Reply to
David

Sorry, did I see "reliable" and "LandRover" in the same sentence? Who's the bl00dy comedian?

Reply to
SteveG

I have had 3 Disco 3's since 2004 and no real issues with any of them. The odd minor niggle that has been quickly sorted under warranty. The very early

2004 models had issues with air suspension and ECU faults but all seems to be fine now.

It is the best Landie I have ever owned, superb on-road and incredibly capable off it, I will not be swapping to anything else in the foreseeable future (apart from a newer D3 !)

Andy

Reply to
Andy

hehehehe - for some reason this D1 i have tickles me, it's a cracker.

Mind you, it's currently getting a diff pinion oilseal fit, as that was leaking all over me drive.

Reply to
Nige

On or around Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:49:40 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

TBH, if you can find a really good "200" type V8 disco, preferably 3.5 injection, it's a fecking good motor. There are some around, a while back there was a minter on ebay, H plate in gold and 29K genuine miles, with FSH. Mind, went for a high price...

A good 300 TDi (and note that there are a few ungood ones) is almost as nice. Personally, I like the interior of the 200 and the exterior of the

300, design-wise.

which ain't to say that given megabucks, I'd not have a new rangie, of course... but only in addition to, not instead of summat older.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Man after me own heart! ;-)

Got down in the dirt today and checked the 110 brakes all around ready for the trip next week. Have to say it's in spanking order all around. Makes a pleasant change to working on much older landies.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D