Freelander II wheels and tyres

We have a load of Freelander II wheels and tyres, all brand new, anyone looking for a second set ?

Andy Sargeant

On or around Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:41:42 +0100, "Andy Sargeant" enlightened us thusly:

nah, I might want some 14" LDV/transit twin type ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've got two or three Bedford CF twin rims, they'll fit Transits, The tyres are probably black laquered, you can have them if you want them.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

What size or wheel style please?

Andy

Reply to
Andy

On or around Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:42:21 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

haven't got the motor yet. it depends on what tyres are on it - I might want to fit some grippy ones on the drive axle, and if it already has good ones I could keep those for use on the front. The easiest way to do that is to have spare wheels, saves hassle/effort/expense in swapping tyres around on rims.

I assume the tranny/CF 14" ones are the same fitting as LDVs...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They are 17" six spoke with Goodyear Wrangler HP AW 235/65R17 104V tyres fitted.

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

"Austin Shackles" wrote............

Yes they are, I know that because I've fitted a Transit axle to the rear of a 400 series LDV and put it's original wheels back on. I used to have a twin wheel CF and the reason I saved the rims was because if you fitted Transit rims on the CF fronts they would squeeze the brake drums and cause problems as the Transit rims have a tapered dish and are a slightly smaller diameter inside the dish. The Bedford rims will fit all of them, being slightly bigger dish but having the same tyre size, are heavier gauge, and are recognisable by three small holes between the normal mounting holes. I can only conclude that the CF brakes/drums are bigger. They are available if you want them.

HTH, Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:14:44 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

local tyre bloke had a spare with a usable tyre. He also reckons he has loads of rims, (although I only found a few, some very rusty) but I might just get the tyres swapped and keep the decent tyres for later fitment to the front.

Reply to
Austin Shackles