landrover scrapyard

I found a great Land Rover scrapyard today in Bury. Bought a complete drivers seat for my Disco One 300TDi for £50, I thought that was not bad?

Reply to
Cyberwraith

OK thats not to far away care to share the details just in case I happen to be passing.

Derek Junkyards dogs? I used to take em for walkies

Reply to
Derek

Hi Derek, the scrapyard is called A1 Landrover Breakers Ltd Gate 2, Tile St, Bury, Lancashire BL9 5BR Tel: 0161 797 7050

they have a web site I was told. Turn down by the ambulance station, (no not the air ambulance).

Reply to
Cyberwraith

They do, URL is obvious but google will turn it up. Pity the fecking site is one you can't use without some proprietary plugin (couldn't be bothered to work out which one).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have not tried their website, have to find it first now where is that card......

Reply to
Cyberwraith

Are there any other Land Rover breakers out there, preferably the type you get to roam around?. The only one near me is Simpson Brothers at Full Sutton but they seem to have very little of interest in Series/Defender. Greg

Reply to
Greg

I recall seeing one off the A38 heading into Brum from the north. I think It was on the left just before Streethay narrowboat marina but certainly on that stretch of road. there were always plenty of land rovers lying about in various states (mainly classics/discoverys though).

Wolfie

Reply to
lifeis

Update, its called Hi-range and is just past the new Argos RDC heading south. Its between Barton under needwood and Alrewas. A cream house so easy to drive past with the hedgerows at the mo. Passed by today whilst en-route between Rugeley and Derby.

Wolfie

Reply to
lifeis