Landy workshop around Uttoxeter?

Hi, Can anyone on the List recommend a reasonable (as in money, not quality!) independent workshop around Uttoxeter? Also, is there a Land Rover club in that region? We're moving up from north Herts in Jan. and won't know our 'r's from our elbow ;-) Any advice really appreciated ;-) Thanks - David.

Reply to
David Sillitoe

You can try Landranger Services who are at Fenton in 492 King street. They are approximately 15 miles or so from Uttoxeter but it's an easy run along the A50 (Unless your pushing!) Towards Stoke on Trent.

I think Peak and Duckeries or Staffs and Shrops are the closest clubs... oh and also Buxton and District LRC.

Landranger have done the only two jobs on My fleet in the last 5 years of Landrover ownership, no complaints with their work. They are independant and much cheaper than the local Main dealers Evans Halshaw at Hanley.

You will find LRS here....

They can be contacted on 01782 342379

Reply to
Lee_D

That a start ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

There are two very good mobile mechanics based in the Uttoxeter area, mail me for names. There is a garage in Rocester that does a lot of Land Rover work, and sells spares (though not as cheap as us!). When our landlord gets his finger out we will be "doing" repairs, just waiting for the promised unit to become available........ grrr. We do, of course, offer free delivery of spares to Uttoxeter, and we think we are competetively priced. Come to Leek Cattle market on a Sunday morning to meet us.

Sales pitch ends........ sorry

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Oh yeah... i can recommend Beamends too , just didn't know how far out you deliver Richard

Rich is Leek Cattle market a regular thing then? And is it Landrovers ect ect or have you branched out into animals now?

And come to think of it theres another club I'm on a mission to scout out...

Newcastle and Nantwich which has a link through Richards Beamends site.....

Richard , am I right in guessing that the Next meeting is off (new years eve) or is it even more of an excuse to sample more bottled beers :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

ahhhh shucks....:)

Yep - every Sunday except Bank Holidays, - not everythings on the van, so a call on Saturday could be a good idea! The Girlfriend sells candles and ornaments and stuff too, just thought I'd mention it!

There wont be a meeting!!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I keep driving past the crewe arms at the start of the month (like last week), and thinking 'bugger - I must remember next time!'.

Lee - I had a look at my eber thismorning. I aint got no heat yet :(. My fuel pump is dead (the one at the back of the engine). Hitting it and swearing at it didnt work, so its now in the kitchen prepped for surgery.. probably full of gunge..

Reply to
Tom Woods

On my pump when you gently pull it apart there are a set of points inside which needed a clean and a general lubricating of the inside sorted it.

If its rattling away then consider pourous pipes allowing air to be sucked through between the tank and pump.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:18:07 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I read that and thought "why would you want to put porous pipes on it so that... and then thought "hang on...".

Reply to
Austin Shackles