Lightweight footwells

That is footwells for a lightweight, not exotic material bulkhead panels..

Having spent the day removing driversworm from my bulkhead, got ready to weld the new footwell panels and drivers side outer panel when I realized I'd made a silly assumption.

Standard civvy footwells are a different profile to lightweight ones, and so don't fit cos the bends are in the wrong place.

So question to the group.... does anyone know where I can get a pair of footwells?

TIA Mark

Reply to
Mark Dickinson

Make em out of fibreglass, then they will be lightweight and outlast the originals. Steel will rust always, and cardboard is just plain silly.

Reply to
Larry

How about clear perspex? Would be good for off road driving. They wouldn't rot.

Might let too much light in from all the neon tubes that light up the underneath though. Must see if I can find some of those spinny things for my hub caps, can you still get them ones that Boadicea used on her land rover, I hoping to find ones that keep spinning after you stop.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

If you want real excitement just take the floor panels off as you drive along, or drive with the centre seat taken out and panel open :)

For a while you could indeed see daylight through my footwells.

Reply to
Larry

Use the toilet in a Chinese train, similar. A hole in the floor with the track whizzing past.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Have a look at

£80 perpair but they are the right shape. Tony.

Reply to
Tony Wilkinson

Many thanks. £80 gulp, I'll talk to my friendly local engineering company who is making the dash panel for me.

Cheers Mark

Reply to
Mark Dickinson