looking for some tools

now i have got my disco i am looking for some tools for when it comes to servicing it, does anyone have any recommendations for online suppliers? what i am after are things like oil transfer pumps, grease guns, feeler gauges and any other special tools required for mk1 disco's. free postage for large orders would be a bonus.

paul.

Reply to
Paul

Machine Mart and Screfix are wel worth a look in my opinion, I've used both many times by mail order. tooled-up.com looks reasonably priced but I've not used them.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

On or around Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:00:37 +0100, MVP enlightened us thusly:

for a very good but not cheap supplier:

Austin Shackles

Personaly for the amount of time you will use them i would just pay a visit to Halfords and get a socket set greae gun ect ect.

i have a Halfords socket set at work and i have has it for about 5 yrs now and i still tend to use that rather than all my snap-on tools and to be honest it does just as good as any other of my tools .

here it is

And buy stuff like this
like i say there is no need to spend a fortune on tools just to do simple maintaince on your own car

hope this helps m8

Reply to
bellautos

I've rebuilt (or nearly rebuilt) a complicated turbocharged petrol engine as well as landy work using the halfords "professional" set, not much point splashing out for expensive tools unless you use them every day.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Pretty much my experience, although something like a grease gun probably is too likely to be a source of a greasy mess if you buy too cheap. If you're in a rural area, don't forget the agriultural machinery dealers. There's still a lot of ag-machinery with numerous greasing points.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Have a look here. Sealy tools are very good, and quite cheap on this site. They deliver promply, and usually put freebies in too.

On one order they ran out of "free footballs", so they appologised and gave me a free 3pc set of pliers!

Reply to
dewils80

I forgot the sodding link:

dewils80

Yep, I've bought 3 grease guns so far, two cheapies and one Draper one that appears to be properly made. Got it from a bolt and tool shop in Basingstoke that I frequent regularly (Berkshire Bolt and Tool).

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ian Rawlings wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@gate-int.tarcus.org.uk:

Sounds like farm sales. They always put the grease guns up in multiples of three. Presumably, just in case two don't work.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue