lowering rear bukhead

Can somebody tell me who(web ?) sells the kit to lower(by cutting) the rear bulkhead of a Series or Defender so the seatbacks can recline further ? Thanks,

Hertriono

Reply to
Hertriono Kartowisastro

Hertriono Hi,

please have a look here

and check the "accessories" .

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Thanks Pantelis ! But I'm really looking for another web that cuts the bulkhead only about a half in height and then the kit reinforces the cut edge with profiled aluminum or steel. Thanks anyway and take care of yourself too,

Hertriono

Reply to
Hertriono Kartowisastro

Try here.......

Cheers Mike Tilley

Reply to
Mike Tilley

this is interesting?

steve d

Bloody impractical though - you get the room for decent seats but then can't mount them properly because he's moved the fuel fillers to under the seats!

Reply to
EMB

That's the one ! Thanks Mike, thanks everyone.

Hertriono

Steve Delasal, is this also the one you meant ?

Reply to
Hertriono Kartowisastro

Is that for defender only? I need something for a series. steve

Reply to
steve d

To my knowledge it does for both . Saw a Landy this afternoon that has NO rear bulkhead at all ! The owner produces box-sectioned members that replaces the B-pillar, following the contour/shape of the rear tub(and riveted to it). It bolts together with the rear tub directly to the outriggers. It looks strong but for sure very neat !

Hertriono

Reply to
Hertriono Kartowisastro

On or around 30 Oct 2004 08:55:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@indo.net.id (Hertriono Kartowisastro) enlightened us thusly:

the series III 12-seater wagons don't have a bulkhead, instead they have a species of handrail thing. You don't, per se, need a bulkhead, provided you replicate what it does (support the door posts/rear tub) with something.

Reply to
Austin Shackles