LR III 2,6 6cyl

Hi I looking for good idea conversion engine What should I do with this problem? Thanks for help

Grzegorz

Reply to
sx

If you're in Australiasia then the Holden 6 cyl petrol. If you're in the UK then maybe a Jaguar engine. If you want diesel then untold options that work well - Nissan LD28; Toyota 13B, 13B-turbo, 14B; Mitsubishi 4D31; the horrible Perkins.

Reply to
EMB

On or around Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:24:29 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

Daihatsu 2.8 or 2.8 turbo...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The Toyota 13B/13B turbo is a better bet - no glow plugs, an extra

700cc, about 30% more power and they last a *lot* longer (I've got one done 350,000km and counting in a motorhome).
Reply to
EMB

On or around Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:08:58 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

yeah, but daihatsus rot like a rotten thing in rottenland, and thus are available cheap, whereas the engines seem to last for ages.

they do have a funny alternator with a vacuum pump on the back of it, or some do.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Where would you get conversion plates for all these engines? Bearing in mind that the 2.6 has a different bellhousing to a 2.25, so a conversion plate for a 2.25 won't fit anyway.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Where are you?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

UK

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I'm from Poland

U¿ytkownik "Steve" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:cl38bp$j6p$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.bt> >

Reply to
sx

I just asked because I've got a Perkins 3.3 road diesel (not ex-tractor) mated to a 2.6 series box. Sell as a complete unit or just the engine and adapter. Any offers?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Not for me, thanks. I don't like oil burners. I'm after someone who can make me a custom adaptor plate to mate a GM 6cylinder to a IIa box.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I would have been interested, I'm an ex-tractor fan

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D