LT85 5spd Santana box 20 / 22c differences ?

Hello All,

I've recently picked up a "old" recon LT85 box for my '86 110 V8, but have since realised that the one fitted is a 20c, whereas the recon one is a 22c, external difference is hatched split case on the 22c and a smooth case on the 20c.

Does anyone know what the differences are internally - ratios etc (if any), and if they are the same size physically? will my existing gearbox mounts etc be in the right place?

Thanks!

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Have a look at:

all the bits are in there - you should be able to work out which bits are different (if no how exactly) - ignore the "All" box, it's not meant to be there!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks Richard, thats a good source of info, I also sent a mail to Ashcrofts, and received this reply:-

Hi, the 20C has an oil pump, the 22C does not, other than that the internals are very similar, same bellhousing, same LT230, Regards Dave Ashcroft

Be prepared for an order or two when I start to fit the recon box (got to build the garage first though!)

Cheers,

Andrew

beamendsltd wrote:

Reply to
Andrew T.

Dam - conpletely out of instant assembly garages!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

oddly, the mighty goog finds 285,000 references for: instant assembly garage uk

Reply to
William Tasso