Lukewarm heating - 1996 D1 V8i

I'll pop down the local Halfords and see what they reckon!!

Would some chicken wire over it help, or something with smaller mesh?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I nearly marked this as spam without opening it. Sorry to hear of your problem - could you cut an underbonnet shaped panel of something like expamet or weld mesh to protect the insulation?

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

similar thing happened to me when I lived in Switzerland, a pine martin ate half my rad top hose, didn't notice for a few miles..... It is a common problem, so much so that it is normally covered by your insurance there. Only thing I saw to stop it, was that people put up a small fence (12-18 inches high) of chicken wire tight around the car every time it was parked up, so the blighters couldn't get underneath and then into the engine bay.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Moth Balls (Naptha) keeps mice and rats out of my engine bay (and interior) during layup. Arkansas.

HTH

Alan

Reply to
Alan Pond