Motul Dexron III - any good?

I changed the oil in my main gearbox approx 6000 miles ago and I have just repeated the process as I was underneath changing the engine oil anyway. I have put the same ATF oil in as the last change, Comma Automatic Transmission Fluid AQF (supposedly Ford ESP-M2C-33F/G). However the gears now grind like bugger and are sticking coming out of and going into gear. It was a real pain to drive it today. Although I don't understand why the gear change is worse this time than last time, I realise it's probably time to shell out on some decent transmission oil. Towhit, what to get? Googling around it seems Motul Dexron III is recommended. Any advice or experience from the group appreciated. I've put Comma EP80W-90 in the transfer box.

By the way, anybody else going to the Abingdon 4x4 festival this weekend?

Regards,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

FWIW Landrover sent a bulletin out recommending the use of MTF instead to ease the gearchange issues not that I ever did Kato is running on normal Unipart Own Brand ATF cos' thats what I had on hand when I changed all the fluids. Derek Kato 200TDi Disco Scooby Outback Wagon

Reply to
Derek

Bollox I forgot to mention it's a 200TDi in a Defender!

Dave.

Reply to
Dave