my landie's performance on french diesel vs uk diesel

Is it just my imagination, or is there a difference between the energy output of french diesel fuel and its british counterpart.? Have just returned from trip across channel and of course filled up over there to come home. Now that I've used that tankful and filled up again with british diesel I seem to notice that the top speed on a familiar dual carrigeway is around 5 mph less.

Can it be that "our" fuel " is less combustible? Do we have additives here which in some way limit the performance, or is it all just imagination on my part?

I'd l;ove to know if anyone else has experienced "la difference"

go well

simon

Reply to
Simon

I certainly noticed when the UK went to ultra low sulpher diesel that my consumption got worse by about 5%. Perhaps the French isn't so low?

Reply to
Tim

You hit the nail on the head, the french still use regular sulphur diesel, we have no choice (unless you hunt around really hard) than to put the low sulphur crap in our tanks.. and get charged more for doing so,

You also get better fuel consumption on french diesel, loads of people have noticed this who own motorhomes or caravans and regulary go to france for little holidays,

Reply to
CampinGazz

Thanks for your replies...isn't it typical, british fuel is pricier,less efficient and performs less well. Perhaps a tank full of Mazola is called for... tanks again

Reply to
Simon