New DEFRA restrictions on 4x4's

A further clampdown and more power to the bobble hats FFS

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Andy uttered summat worrerz funny about:

H'mmm

For sale - Mud pluggers

Wanted - Razor straps and bling

I think not!

What it will do is sent the green lane users underground - using lanes by night or forcing the market to adjust and fit cloaking devices as a standard feature.

Just all the more reason to go holidaying abroad with the car and caravan. Shame as I'd like to invest some hard earned in this country.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

That was my thinking too.

There's loads of lanes around here, mostly flat and boring so not often driven, but many of these are subject to TRO's already. The reason most often given for a TRO around here, tbh, isn't 'cos they cut up or get rutted, it's because of Fly-Tippers. Scum-sucking Leeches they are. I've reported two whilst I've been out laning, but you get no feedback as to what happens after you've reported them> Which is a shame really, even if 'No Action Taken', at least you'd _know_.

Anyway, I've asked the wife to research into LoTR and see if she can weave me an elven cloak big enough for a Disco. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

They have something akin to our new Open Access laws, but it only applies to walkers, people I know up in Scotland have told me that there's very little that you can drive on legally up there despite having masses of rocky ground suitable for sustained use. I'm no legal expert though so just going on second-hand information.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Our Open Access laws also only apply to walkers, the horsey lot may have something and horses cut up the ground far more than 4x4...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes I know, just bad phrasing..

It's interesting to note the similarities between horse riders and 4x4 drivers, we both know we'd see more of our surroundings on foot but we enjoy the transport, enjoy the journey for the sake of it, enjoy looking after our mounts etc. At least 4x4s don't tend to tear off down the roads out of control, and we don't wind the windows down, hang our arses out and take a huge curry dump while we're driving!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings