new post about the dutch.

the 101fc: i made a deal with someone, who was selling it for the price of one without a licence.

12.000 guilders (about 3.500 pounds) it was fully original, when he brought it over it was: ice cream truck white, crosses where gone, interior was stripped out, the front was sandblasted, yes even the glass. there was a range rover chassis in parts, and a lot of garbage. it drove 1 liter to 1 km, firing on just 4 cylinders. it had something, it made me official nuts. when i had new sparkplugs, and new contactpoints, i even won at a trafficlight dragrace from a VW GTI. everything already gone from the back, we build a camper of it, illegaly. i did got the chance to get an interior, after looking for it for four years. everybody is stripping it out, so for me it's nice to restore it. as for the 6.2 gmc, drive it lightfooted, and pull away in 2nd gear. or, put a autobox behind it, with a torq converter. (if i can get a 6.2 engine and american gearbox, can i try to make it fit, dutch dvla won't take it as a conversion, but if i had it exported to the uk, and get it licensed there, import it to holland, the dutch dvla wil take it as it is.) the camo paint, is a mix from dutch camo paint, it was bad to paint with, and got a headache for 2 day's ( they smelled the paint 6 streets from us)

i am a nutter, and so is my dad. i was looking for a girl in the uk, (not just to help me with my gaelic homework) but i have found someone over here (wants to go off-roading with the

101fc) hope she's not going to be a SWMBO, fear already....

the 88lw, it's a project to build a off-roader, for the time we still have off-road places. (we have got two of them)

the 109's i have got, my first 109 is 2 years overdue with mot, and is waiting for a working diesel engine (2.25 , anyone knows one cheap? comming over to driffield)

the other 109 is used for freight... abused is more suited :-)

3/4 ton model, loading it with 1,5 ton limit.

if some one is comming over to driffield and needs some items from holland, let me know, we can work out a deal ( money or parts) greets, Arjan Wilbie

Reply to
LR88lw_proto

Always glad i'm not the only one from Holland! Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

You dutch guys are definately crazy - I'm adding holland to my list of places to visit :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Hi Group, And I thought the English were eccentric! When is this Driffield? Alan

Reply to
Roberts

driffield is 13 - 14 of may. hoping to get there with 2 land-rover's.

@tom woods. if you want to see the weird stuff, visit amsterdam. i am now workin in the red light district (not with one of my dream jobs, window washer or do quality check's) the drug addict's are spaced out, and there is a lot of theft, alcohol and drug's if you are nice to the lady's there, they can be nice too :-) on the first day of work, i knocked every door, gave them my best wishes for 2006. if i am an crasy dutch man, it's simple, it's too mutch fun :-)

@ Mr. Baley, when do you plan to park on the dam? my work is just around the corner, "warmoesstraat" hope to see you soon :-)

@EJG nope, your not the only dutchman with taste for the good group's.

@ group diesel part's is there a spesial plase to look for part's at nice prices, or complete engine's (runner's non runners, even 19J engine's) greeting's, Arjan Wilbie

Reply to