New shocks?

Hi, My Disco is coming up to the ripe old age of 5 in a few days time. I am starting to find that Im feeling a bit more of the the road than I used to, the steering is picking up little undulations in the road too. It was MOT'd today and passed - so I would at this stage pressume that all the bushes are 'still' ok. I was just wondering, at this age would the shocks and steering damper be up for renewal, obviously they are not leaking but they have absorbed alot of shocks in 5 years. What would the great consensus be advising me? Also, would I be looking at Polybushes - never goes off road but less than often I pull a ton army (Dutch) trailer, red or blue????????

If Im looking at new dampers, should I get standard Paddocks/Craddocks ones or steer clear of them?

Thanks

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

Polybushes are inferior to genuine one IMHO - stick with the stock ones.

I'd get some gas one - Explorer Pro-comp, De Carbon or similar.

Reply to
Exit

On or around Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:17:39 GMT, "Exit" enlightened us thusly:

they also cost more, 'specially if you get the rubber ones from Paddock et al.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Polybushes cost even more when they wear the chassis holes oval! :(

Reply to
Exit