O/T Jap Crap

The opfficaial name was harvest gold.

we had at least 4 Maxis, last one a Maxi II HLS twin carb.

Reply to
John Page

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:35:12 GMT, "John Page" made me spill my meths by writing:

What was the proper name for "Hearing Aid Beige"?

Reply to
Wayne Davies

In article , John Page writes

Harvest Gold, same colour as my old Marina Estate! Think I've still got a litre of it in the shed!

Reply to
andy

|| The opfficaial name was harvest gold. ||

Don't like to contradict you, but Sandglow was the "official" colour on the car's (main dealer)invoice. I had the choice of that or the dark chocolatey brown that BL offered at the time. It came down to a question of exactly what kind of dogsh*t you wanted painted on your car - normal dark stool or pale diarrhoea. I went for the tummy-upset one as being the one likely to match better with the rust in a year's time. I was right.

|| we had at least 4 Maxis, last one a Maxi II HLS twin carb.

Hired a Maxi for a week once, in the middle of an East Yorkshire winter. It coped well, and I quite liked it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

My old man had one too. Not fast. Evil handling past the limit, understeer, more understeer or shed loads of it, but how many other cars had a 5 speed box in 1970? Ford didn't bring one out for another 13 years.

Reply to
Adrian England