Offset rims and steering lock

I have Bronco 'Grizzly Claws' (235x85x16) fitted to my standard 1990 LR rims. This means I have lost some degree of steering lock. I can get my hands on some v.cheap Range Rover 'Rostyle' steel wheels. Are these wheels offset compared to the standard LR rims? Would I gain anything by fitting them? Am I better of buying a set of 8 spokes or modulars?

Cheers, Stew.

--

1990 Ninety - the off-road toy! Freelander Td4 ES - wifes, no chance of ever seeing real mud!!!
Reply to

My vote goes for Wolf rims every time. The offset is about the same as most 8 spokes / modulars, but they look more standard so draw less attention to you. They're also a genuine landrover part which can make an difference to some stuff (that's more relevant on the back of a 110 if you want to carry the full rated load though, i'm told).

Not sure about the offset of rostyle wheels. Google should be able to help though.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett