Oil Flush

Whats the general opinion of using Wynns oil flush when changing the oil in a very old 3 bearing 2.25l petrol engine?

Will it remove deposits of sludge which are holding the engine together as the old wives tales suggest?

Thanks

Roger

Reply to
Rog

Tried oil flushing stuff on an old FFR I had. Total killed it. Before I had an engine that wasn't to bad, after I had a sieve! It ruined all the seals or what was left of them???

Jonnyboy

I just oil flushed my 2A engine, I used Wynns but It doesn't leak anymore than it used to, I might just have been lucky.

I was go> Tried oil flushing stuff on an old FFR I had. Total killed it. Before I

Reply to
Spozza

Done my petrol SIII a couple of times with not ill effects to date,. no idea if it works but makes me feel better.

Martin

1980 SIII 109
Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)