Old Chestnut !! What to refill gearbox with 110 CSW 97

I realize its an old chestnut but as materials improve all the time; do I stick to LR recomended fluids or use a more up to date alternative. ( I bear in mind the od saying If it aint broke dont fix it )

JoH

Reply to
Hirsty's

Use the recommended manual transmission oil [MT] in the main box. Land Rover, Texaco and many others market suitable fluid all of which are better than the old recommendation of ATF. Any light viscosity oil is suitable for the transfer box as it is not fussy and lighter viscosity oil aids fuel economy.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Use Difflocks Evo 1 oil, it's the mutt's nuts.

Sean

73FL74 101GS 1984 110 2.5NA Medway Military Vehicle Group
sean101ryan

All oil meeting the standard expected is the mutt's nuts. Go brand crazy if you like but the standard is far more important than brand. However at £9.35 plus VAT and delivery that stuff must be a work of art far too good to empty into a gearbox. Look for prices of Castrol SMX-S, TexacoMTF-94, Morris MT90 etc etc and buy in a minimum of 4 litre packs and ideally 25 litre drums for best value.

Huw

Reply to
Huw