on the look-out

If anyone chances on a disco I V8 in really good nick going cheap (not too bothered about year) then I might be interested.

Current (K-plate) one has terminal rear-floor-rot, which can of course be fixed, but it's also got rusted and leaking petrol lines (which will be a pain to fix), albeit easier if the rear floor's removed.

It's not going to be worth gettign the garage to mend it, what with the value of such things these days, so either I have to do the work on it or I replace it.

Would pay a bit mnore for summat with a gas conversion, but I have a twin-tank conversion I could strip off the current one.

Not fussed if it's a 200 or 300, or a 3.5 or a 3.9 - the critical bit is the condition of the body and especially the rear floor. This one is not bad, body-wise, bar for a few dents and scrapes which are largely down to father, I have to say.

Would also consider a nice classic rangie with the same provisos on condition.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I think Andy is looking to shift his matey?

Reply to
Nige

There is a slim possibility that I might let mine go, it's a '96 Auto 3.9i Jap import (corrosion free) and runs like a dream. However it's performing very well on and off road and thus I am not really in a rush. Boot floor is solid, had a few blisters which were only surface rust, it's now been completely rust proofed with a liberal coat of hammerite plus the leaky alpines are sealed so no more water ingress. Underneath is totally solid and mostly undersealed.

If I do let it go it will be around the £3k mark with all the off road kit (2" lift, new 265/75/16 tyres and rims, winch and bumper, steering guard, diff guard and HD rear bumper) or £1500 without.

Reply to
Andy

On or around Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:52:43 -0000, "Andy" enlightened us thusly:

Ah, well, we've more or less bought one of That eBay. N plater 3.9 auto, 1 owner from new, FSH, recent engine recon (alleged, will see if its documented), and about 127K miles.

Assuming it's as straight as it looks in pictures when we go and see it, of course. To be fair to the seller, he did say that if I don't like it, I can walk away and no hard feelings etc., which I take to mean that it's pretty genuine. He had 2 up for grabs, same colour and one slightly older than the other, both ex-company-director, since they match so well I rather imagine same company.

anyhow, will see next weekend when we go down to look. If it's OK I've agreed to pay a grand for it, which, if the documentation is there (for the FSH and so on), I reckon ain't bad.

Reply to
Austin Shackles