BMW -another bite at the cherry

The gnomes of Munich were only to happy to divest themselves of Land Rover looks like they like let the dust settle before stirring everything up again and preparing to renter the small SUV market again just ahead of the new Landrover ( even tho' theMini suv project has had more leeks than the Eistedffod )

Derek

Reply to
Derek

First impression was yuk. I like LRs concept one. This one just looked like a bastardised mini. Though I'm sure in the fullness of time I would grow to like it, inital reaction is usually a good sign of the likelyhood of one crossing my driveway.

I did try and picture it with a lift and that front skirt shaved off. Maybe a challenger for the old rx4(?) title.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I did find a picture online when they were testing the prototypes in the US It looks quite decent in that car derived suv way I reckon its a WAGmobile and that is a growing market sector I might expect my daughter to be looking at one any time as her fiance is a devotee of 4wd and that round badge ( I've mentioned it once thats my allowance used up) plus as yet they haven't developed a reputation for producing unreliable cars unlike their german rivals.

it appears they are serious in that market sector if this is anything to go on
I'm smug anyway I just nip outside and give the Outback a pat.Derek

Reply to
Derek