OT: Colin McRae appears to be dead

Yeah they were after an image to use to show in briefing as aerial shots giving routes on / off an estate for peeps unfamiliar with the area.

Like google earth except up to date :-)

Typically they tell me they buzz around at 1500 feet dropping in low for the odd "bit of advice" or wrestling with offenders after the bloaty[1] cops weighted down by kit have passed the stage of being physically sick ;-)

As I'm told I have no depth perception the figures are meaningless. I prefer to judge the hight as hi, friggin high , too high to think about mechanics, so high it wouldn't matter but I'd be able to give a cracking commentary.

Lee

[1] I'm half way there! - When I joined I was a mere 11 1/2 stone and in good scraps was usually picked up and shaken around like a rag doll. These days at 14 stone I've a bit more ballast though rarely need to use it unless my desk draw is sticking. On one occassion I and a colleage were both lifted clean off our feet (in my 14 stone days) by a Gypsie bare knuckle boxer.... when my quick kuffs bounced off his wrists it was a moment of true reflection / life flashing before my eyes , followed by improvisation outside the manual of guidance and home office approved techniques for restraint... ahem. Oddly 4 hours later we gave him a lift back and shook hands after no complaint came from son (who's nose was 1 inch shorter and three inches wider thanks to his Dad) funny old job init!
Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:16:31 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

I think you need a "not" in that sentence somewhere.

reading the book about the stringbag (aka Fairey Swordfish) which was a carrier aircraft with wings that could be swung around 90 degrees for storage... the wings were held in place by a sodding great pin. There was one incident where the head of this pin got shot off and only the air pressure on the wing kept it in place, but the thing that bothered me was the comment that the plane, which had a normal cruising speed of 90kts, would reach up to 180 in a dive, but that if you got it up to 200 there was a significant risk that the pin would shear at let the wing fold.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Its known as a speed restrictor

Reply to