Go Colin!

Top ten going into the last day of the Wales Rally GB.

Considering he's had 2 years out and this is his first event in a relatively uncompetetive car, I'd say that's a result.

Reply to
SteveH

11th actually according to BBC, but still a top result - best of the Skodas and the first car not part of one of the big four teams. Looks like he may have a chance to catch Higgins and Kresta too tomorrow..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P from the North

Got some nice piccies of him on Friday at Rheola.

Forgot how small Nicky Grist actually is.

Reply to
Conor

Te Rally has been stopped after a fatal accident where Markko Martin's co driver was killed after the car left the road and hit a tree

Reply to
Depresion

Depresion

Just seen the news. Got a few photos of them at Brechfa, Rheola and Parc Ferme. Shit. Went to Wales because I reckoned it'd be the last year with a decent field of WRC for a while. Didn't expect to see another go because of that.

I only hope for his sake it was quick although it's going to be hell for his family being able to see it on TV. I really hope they don't show the in car footage.

Reply to
Conor

I think this is so shocking because it happens so infrequently these days.

It's this kind of thing that got GpB banned, unfortunately and has been responsible for the totally sterile rallying we have these days.

I obviously have some compassion for the family but I really hope it doesn't lead to knee-jerk reactions in the name of safety.

Reply to
SteveH

It won't. There have been few fatalities in WRC for years which is what makes todays event have even more of an impact.

Reply to
Conor