Appears to be a bit quick.

I love how the gauges go mental as it appears to spool stupidly

Reply to
Elder

Steve Firth

Ha, watching that, Google ads put up a "find lesbian dates" advert overlaying the video of the car being unloaded.

Reply to
Elder

Did you not know ?

Google shows each user different adverts based on their previous browsing habits. That was 'your' own personal advert.

My advert was for whitworth spanners and 2BA setscrews.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Oddly enough, the last box of dates bought here were these;

Which somehow seems appropriate.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I get one asking me to take out an extended warranty on my Jaguar.

Reply to
Steve Firth

My advert was for around 11,000 acres of Berkshire.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Cheshire.

You meant Cheshire, right ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I got 2 out of 3. No sign of spanners and setscrews, must know I only deal with metric stuff.

Is that 225mph for a stock car with longtail aero mods or have they tuned it?

Reply to
Peter Hill

Oh I don't know, it was one of the shires.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yeah, fair enough. They all look the same.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

You been tightening the old purse strings again?

Reply to
Pete M

Mine didn't put any ads up. It must know I'm tight.

Reply to
Pete M

It's tuned, but not much. They increased the bhp by 90 by reducing the diameter of the supercharger pulley and remapping the EFI. They obviously removed the 155mph limiter and they also fitted a rear wing rather than relying on the stock winglet on the boot lid.

Several of the salties commenting reckon that the salt flats would scrub about 20mph off the attainable top speed indicating it should do 240 on tarmac. That means it's faster than the XJ220 and at less than a 1/4 of the price including the mods. Much cheaper in real terms.

Given the lightweight nature of the mods, I suspect that Jag tuning companies like Arden will be offering 600bhp version of the XFR.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That was the rumour down at the Prescot YMCA.

Reply to
Steve Firth

LOL. Amusingly enough, a mate of mine has just had to relocate his recording studio (music) to the only place he could find that would let him make as much noise as he likes, a gay pub in Prescot!

How did you know this? You're a spy.... admit it. 00Firth.

Reply to
Pete M

Scarily enough, I have a relative in Whiston. I embarass him when I vist by declaring loudly that he's a Mancunian in disguise. They're odd folk wooly backs, they seem to try to out-Scouse the real Scouse, and they're very touchy about anyone pointing out that they're no more Scouse than the denizens of the Debtors' Retreat.

I used to go for Kendo lessons at Prescot when I was in my 20s. It was a bit odd, one end of the hall full of men in frocks beating each other with sticks, the other with the associated mummies and fairy princesses in pink lycra doing Saturday morning ballet.

Reply to
Steve Firth